Monday, June 25, 2012

First "Comic"

Hello, ducklings. Guess what? Today, you get to see some of my digital “art!” I hope you like seeing cartoons that look as if they were created by the trembling hands of an inebriated nine-year-old, because that’s basically what you’re going to get. Why, you wonder? Well, here’s why: my poor three-and-a-half-year-old HP laptop is on the verge of breaking down any day now and cannot run my super bulky Corel and Photoshop programs, I don’t have the money to buy the Mac I desperately need, and MS Paint is a cruel, sick joke invented by someone who delights in seeing would-be graphic artists rip their hair out in anguish.

Below is the first cartoon I have ever attempted to draw using MS Paint and my graphics tablet. Yes, I am aware that it looks laughably bad. I’ve decided to just roll with it. I know that with better programs I can create better art, and surely this MS Paint phase will 1) refine my ability to draw with any given media regardless of its quality and 2) increase my tolerance of the terrible obstacles fortune so lovingly sprinkles across my path.

Until I have the money to purchase a Mac, I am just going to suck it up and use MS Paint. At least I have the tablet, which helps marginally. What really bothers me is the fact that I can actually draw much better than this with actual graphics programs as well as traditional media. However, if all anyone sees are my MS Paint creations, then the entire Interweb is going to think I am either a talentless moron or I am slightly retarded (possibly both).

Well, whatever. Without further ado, here is the first cartoon I’ve drawn using MS Paint. Ta-dah…



See y’all Wednesday with a new cartoon. DON’T MOCK ME; I’M DOING THE BEST I CAN UNDER CURRENT CIRCUMSTANCES.

No comments:

Post a Comment